October 20, 2011

Have You Met My New Husband?





My new husband eats tons of veggies, can resist eating a whole sleeve of crackers in one sitting, has more energy, and can hold me closer than ever!  Okay, so he's not a new, he's just improved.  Kevin has lost 100 pounds since the beginning of this year.  Do you have any idea how huge that is (no pun intended)!  I can't even carry our dogs 50 lb. food bags over two feet. 

I had never known Kevin under 300 lbs.  When we first met, he was the big, funny guy that knew everyone.  He was amazing, and I fell in love.  Through our years together, I saw many hopes for a healthier life and plenty failed attempts to loose weight.  To be honest, I never thought he would.  I thought genetics, poor self-esteem, and bad eating habits would forever keep him from real progress.  Then something changed.  He found motivation, finally believed in himself, and took no short cuts or excuses.  When he started his Metabolic Research Center diet, he followed all the rules.  He ate by the book every day.  He didn't even get cake on his birthday.  He didn't swallow a single sip of beer at the Foltz beer tasting.  And ate a grilled chicken salad, while I pigged down on fair food.  And it was all worth it.  Food is just a temporary fix that comes and goes, but having an amazing body is something to enjoy forever!

My husband amazes me.  He lost the weight, when I didn't even know he could.  He took care of himself, and at the same time, took care of our family.  His gained health, means more wrestling with Clare, more rides able to go on at the fair, more trips up the attic ladder that I don't have to do, and more shopping at regular stores.  He has made the Morris clan even better!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin that is so awesome!!! what an inspiration. i think it's my turn.
Rene Dominguez

Audrey said...

How fabulous! Way to go Kevin!!!!!!!

Kathy Krile said...

Kevin we are so proud of you and will be there to help you any way we can to stay healthy.

KATHY KRILE

Laura said...

Wow! Your new hubby is a hotty! Congratulations on such an amazing transformation!

Matt and Ris said...

That is wonderful, and such an inspiration!
Marissa Hoelscher