July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

This Tuesday was my 26th Birthday! This is kind of an akward age for birthdays. You rarely have a huge group of close college friends around, you normally live far from family, and birthday parties as an adult are just not like when you were a kid. All that being said, Kevin and I try to make the other person birthday still memorable.

My day started with Kevin being late to work and getting the first morning diaper. That doesn't sound like much, but every millisecond I get to spend still in bed is heaven to me. I was greeted by a smiling pancake and a "26" sausage.



I also had these beautiful gladiloas to look at. We found out earlier in the week that my great grandmother used to grow them, and now my grandma Looten does too.




The day went well with Clare and I lounging at the splash pool and shopping in the afternoon. When Kevin got home, I was told to go outside to see my birthday present. I got a beautiful blue bird bath! I've always wanted a bird bath. Now, I'm all set up with bird feeders and a bath to attract some beauties to the yard.




The night ended with a delicious dinner at the Monument Cafe with one of my Mom's Club friends, Sheila. Like most adult parties, there was only two of us because everyone else couldn't get away to join us. I had the same problem as a kid, because everyone would still be on vacation from the 4th usually.

All the facebook messages were great to see, and it just reminds me how many wonderful people are in my life. I am a lucky and blessed 26 year old woman!

No comments: