June 30, 2010

Ode to Rosa's



Oh, my delicious Rosa's

My love for you is unending.

But, alas, you are no where to be found in Austin.

Please, my love, open a franchise here!





I must admit your garish Pink and Teal colors

make me think of a bad 80's "Miami Vice" show.

But when I see that glowing neon sign down the road,

I know I am but a few minutes from delight.





Your tortillas melt like butter on my tongue.

I can devour you enchiladas like a raging lion.

Your nacho go immediately from my mouth to my thigh fat.

And you queso is like liquid gold.

Your thick styrafoam cups maybe killing the planet,

But they keep my drink nice and cold.





In this foreign land, all the people know is Taco Cabana.

Their consistently stale chips are no match to your superiority.

We are trapped with this mediocrity

And long for people to talk of "Taco Tuesdays".




Oh my dear Rosa's

even though it has been many a year without you

my love for you lives on.

Till we meet again along the road,

I wish you all the love my taste buds can give.

No comments: