October 16, 2016

Good Eats: Crock Pot Gyros!

I adore Gyros!  I flipped when I found this recipe for gyros cooked with a crock pot, because nothing is as easy as crock pot cooking. These gyros have become a staple in our house, and I hope your family will love them too.


1 lb. Ground Lamb
1 lb. (or more) Ground Pork
1 tsp. Paprika
2 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Salt
Black Pepper
Lemon Juice

1/2 Chopped Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic

1. In a medium bowl, blend together spices.  Add ground meats and mush up with your hands till well blended.  (The original recipe calls to it into a food processor to combine, but cleaning fatty meat pieces out of my blades caused my gag reflex to go crazy). Form into a even sized loaf.










2. Place chopped onions and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot.  Place loaf on top. Squeeze lemon juice on top of loaf.






3.  Cook on Low for 4 hours

4.  Serve with Pita Bread (or Naan), chopped lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, and tzatziki sauce


No comments: