June 25, 2009

Summer of Self-Improvement

Things on The Summer of Self-Improvement List

1) Wear shorts at least once a week. Now living in 100+ weather in a town where winter doesn't exist, you would think that this would be a no brainer. But let me tell you, I have issues with shorts. My legs haven't seen the light of day since junior high. Of the massive 448 photos of me on facebook, I am wearing shorts in a grand total of 18 pictures. That is less than 4%. I hope to rid myself of my ridiculous shorts phobia and no longer be known as "t-shirt & jeans girl"!

2) Keep toenails looking fabulous. If they are not always kept stunning with shades of Barbie pink or She-devil red nail polish, then they at least have to look well groomed and trimmed. It's summer, and wearing flip-flops all the time should require good looking toes.

3) Do something with this hair. I have recently chopped quite a bit of hair off in an attempt to keep it out of Clare's grabby little hands. (No, not as much as I cut off that one time that made me look like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.) It looks fine down, but the up in a pony-tail it looks like a bunny's tail that got stuck in a light socket. I have been experimenting for weeks, but haven't found the out-of-my-face, low maintenance hair-do I need.

Things Not on the Summer of Self-Improvement List

1) Getting a tan. I am pasty white, always have been, always will be. I accept my body as God has designed it, and I will not bother with tanning.

2) Wearing a bikini. Clare did quite a number on my body when she was being formed, and I don't think it will ever be quite the same. I have already bought and worn my first "Mom Suit". It comes fully equipped with low cut bottoms, tummy coverage elastic bands, and a full coverage inner lining bra. Maybe when all the kids are born, I might try to get into Hot Mom shape again.

No comments: