June 8, 2009

Dum Dum Da Dum....

Praise God! The Texan Krile family has now come full circle. Over Memorial Day weekend this year, my parents married off the last of their children. Just a few years ago, we were a family of five that had trouble cramming into one booth at Burger King, and now we are busting at the seams with more laughter and hugs than I ever imagined as a youth.

What better way to seal a person into your family, than a big, joyous wedding. I must admit that I'm a wedding lover through and through. I've often been the odd girl at wedding where I have never met the bride or groom, but will still be seen sobbing as the vows are exchanged. From the ultra lavish wedding with a perfect California sunset in the background to the simple intimate wedding in the backyard of a good friend, each holds the beauty of two separate beings becoming forever entwined. Two families meeting for the first time. The strange mixture of joy and sorrow at letting go of your married child. The chance to reconnect with friends you haven't seen for ages.

Praise God for all marriages.

Praise God for my parent's marriage. My Mom was the first to tell me that love is not an emotion. It is a decision that you make every day you are married. A decision to love your spouse no matter what.

Praise God for my brother's marriage. He was the first one to marry and brought us the lovely Melissa. It really allowed us to open up and bring in a new member of the family. We learned how to let our love grow.

Praise God for my marriage. I know God's hand was in me marrying Kevin, and I know my family is blessed for him being with us. (ex. small strong powerful hands)

Praise God for my sister's marriage. Though it is still new and in the honeymoon phase, the addition of David makes our family complete.

Praise God. Praise God.

No comments: