March 1, 2013

DIY Personalized Baby Shower Gifts

I am very excited that my very first niece is due at the end of this month!  While my two little nephews are very sweet and wonderful, there is just something about a little girl that makes me sigh like a little love sick puppy.  With my love of all things crafty and original, I decided to make personalized gifts for Baby Maria.


The first gift is wonderful because it requires little to no skill at all.  Have a computer? Have a printer? Then you are all set!


I created the document in Word. (It did take a lot of experimenting to get the spacing right).  You can customize it to any name you want and any color scheme.  Print it out on a nice sturdy cardstock and place in a frame!  Easy Peasy!



These two onesies are a snap to make too!   I bought both in a combo pack with no designs on the front.  

For the one of the left, I used double sided fusible paper to create the initial and then ironed it onto the onesie.  I did a tight zigzag stitch around the edges just to ensure durability.  

For the one on the right, I created the image using PicMonkey.  It is an absolutely amazing photo editing site that is very user friendly.  Instead of adding shapes and text to a picture, I added everything to a white background pic saved from Paint.   Then, just print it on fabric transfer paper and iron it on.  No sewing required!

These are all super simple ideas, with beautiful results!  I hope you give them a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute