June 10, 2011

Summer Goals




We are in a severe drought here in west Texas and hitting 100 degree days. To take my mind of my sweat stains and lack of swimming pool, I've decided to come up with my top goals for this summer:


  • Go Camping at Buffalo Springs Lake


  • Eat outside on our beautiful (but hardly ever used) patio furniture


  • Have a date night at the drive in theater (so we can make out like we are kids again)


  • Spend a day at Lubbock Water Rampage (I'm making this my own personal birthday present to myself)


  • Spray Clare with a hose at least once a week (that kid loves it)


  • Walk my dogs at least 3 times a week (yes, we own dogs that we hate most of the time; and no, we don't walk them normally)


  • Take a trip all by myself to spend time with two of my bestest college buddies (I can't believe I talked my husband and parents into leaving Clare with them. And I can't believe it's been over 2 years since we've all got together discuss deep topics, like hair issues and why I have no modesty around them.)


  • Force my friend Julie to let me come swim at this awesome country house that she will be house sitting in July. (Yes, Julie, you only told me about it this morning, and it's already on my list)

5 comments:

Elizabeth & Chad said...

I totally agree with bullet point #7. I also think you should roast marshmallows over a scented candle with those friends too!

Julie Weaver said...

It's not forcing when I offered!

Stacie said...

I'm coming to Lubbock Water Rampage with you!! We need to set a date. Yes, I just invited myself. And I'm SO EXCITED about July!!

Misslissa said...

How did your summer goals work out?

Anonymous said...

The dog walking and hosing Clare down didn't happen as frequently. But other than that, I completed all my goals!