October 10, 2006

Do You Have Any Grey Poupon?

It's a rainy dreary day here in the Austin area, and it has inspired me to write about a subject that I truly love. It's something we all do, but most are either too ashamed or too oblivious to realize it. Of course, I am talking about the much loved and much dreaded emotional eating. It's used in all occasions. I'm bored... give me a fruit snack pack. I'm upset... let's go for the super-size meal. I'm excited... I think there are some chocolate chips in the baking cupboard.

So just for kicks giggles, here are some of my top emotionally charged foods:

- The taco bell 'supreme' chalupa... sour cream, ground meat, cheese, and a fatty shell. could I ask for more, I don't think so. Once my sister asked where in all of Lubbock would I like to go for her to give me a free dinner, and no lie, I chose taco bell. viva la creama!

- Puffed Cheeto's... there has been a long debate in the world about which is better, crunchy or puffed cheeto's. some people say crunchy, but I must say that you are just plain wrong. That puffy-ness is like the icing on the cake.

- Purple Skittle's... I used to work in a glorious establishment that had a free-for-all, junk-filled snack room. I would spend hours just picking out the purple skittle's. Now I'm not a 'grape' fan, but there is something with those things that is truly divine. By the way, more than a bag of any color skittle's will give you a nasty stomach ache.

- The Big Mac... I know the secret sauce isn't really a secret anymore. But that burger has something so intriguing and special that it keeps me dreaming about it year after year. I even had it for my last 'single girl' meal before the wedding!

Now, I don't eat these things all that often. Mostly because I know the staggering fat content and calories that are in these, but nothing can be more comforting than these. I would love to here what your comfort foods are!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I just ran into your blog here from your myspace! I hope you newlyweds are doing wonderfully!!! Welcome to the Married People Club! ;) If you talk to your sister, tell her I love her & am praying for her LOTS! :) God bless!